Cross Country Update – December 2013

I have this year taken over Cross Country from Fiona Brown on  Monday after school. After the Easter break Cross Country will become Athletics, although essentially the sessions follow a similar format.  I always think Cross Country strikes fear into parents as they recall their own experiences of running round muddy fields in the depth of winter wearing nothing but shorts and a vest!

At Cross Country I try and make the sessions fun and do much more than running – with activities such as dodge ball, baton relays, shuttle races and British Bulldogs. In the Summer months, at Athletics, we’ll train for the Inter-School Sports.

This year we had a boys’ and girls’ team at the South Highland Schools Cross Country at the Bught Park. All 12 kids did a great job, in horrible weather conditions, and the first 3 boys in the team of Ryan Fyffe, Finlay Macleod and Grant Nixon took the silver medal which was a fantastic achievement.

If you want any further information about Cross Country or Athletics, please get in touch.
Ross Nixon (Cross Country Coach)

1 Response to “Cross Country Update – December 2013”

• Hi Ross,
    good photos! I just wanted to find out if the cross-country classes had started again and if they are also for P4 pupils.
    thanks a lot,
    maria