Developing confidence and competence in science will take time, however by starting now will help ensure I’m excited and enthusiastic when the time comes for me to teach it within the classroom.
Here is my action plan for this semester;
- Specific – We (as a class) can carry out a topic on The Solar System where a visit to the Glasgow Science centre would be appropriate as we could visit the planetarium.
- Measurable – I will develop a lesson plan which I can photo graph and blog about. This will be done when I learn how to lesson plan effectively.
- Achievable – I will research into this using; websites, books, talking to family, friends and the teacher I will be working with on placement. Due to this being a topic I enjoyed in school I have good knowledge which I can use with this topic.
- Relevant – This is relevant for the children as the CFE areas which it would cover are; Space, Topical Science, Forces and Electricity and Waves.
- Timed – By the end of this semester I will have my planned lessons and trip on a poster which I will then blog about.
This is something which I am excited to do and I will continue to use this method with other subjects.