MA1 Placement

Below are my goals in which I am to achieve whilst out on my MA1 placement.

Lesson Planning:
One goal I really aim to work on is lesson planning, already I have started to plan lessons and it is something which I found difficult. The Standards for Provisional Registration (SPR)  states that  I should.. “know and understand how to justify what is taught within curricular areas in relation to the curriculum and the relevance to the needs of all learners.”  Including different outcomes of the curriculum but also engaging the children is an area I am feeling apprehensive about. This is such a crucial part of teaching and I feel it is so important to follow the correct procedure from very early on. Ensuring I plan to meet the needs of every child’s needs is another aspect of planning I ensure to work hard on.

Behaviour Management:
As a cohort at university I feel this is one aspect we are all aiming to work hard on. From my time in schools I have never had to use any behavior management techniques to the extent which I will on placement, therefore I am feeling very in the dark about it all. The SPR states that.. “show awareness of educational research and local and national advice, and demonstrate the abilitydownload to use a variety of strategies to build relationships with learners, promote positive behaviour and celebrate success.” I aim to maintain calmness within my classroom and gain knowledge on how to do this through my professional reading and also by observing the way the class teacher and how (s)he approaches behaviour management.

Communication:
Ensuring effective communication in place is a huge part of children’s learning. The Standards for Provisional Registration states that I must… “use communication methods, including a variety of media, to promote and develop positive relationships and to motivate and sustain the interest of all learners;” Through my reading I have become aware of the importance of communication in developing relationships. Also the importance of communication when using effective question strategies. Through my reading I aim to learn different ways of communicating effectively to ensure I meet The Standards for Provisional Registration.