Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self Confidence x
 Self Discipline  x
 Work under pressure  x
 Team work  x
 Build Social Networks  x
 Negotation  x
 Make presentations  x
 Computing skills  x
 Listen to others  x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
Self confidence  I will use this in my presentations in December as well as in my placement.
 Self discipline  For studying purposes setting myself deadlines and managing my work.
Work under pressure  When meeting coursework deadlines alongside my elective I will set myself a timetable to tackle the problem and keep calm.
Team work  When I am working with my other students on  a project or helping each with other aspects of the course.
 Building social networks  During group tasks, to make friends and become a better team. It can be used to make your experience on the course far more rewarding.
Negiotations  When working in a group there may be a conflict of ideas, therefore you may need to negiotate to come to a conclusion that suits everyone.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 Computer Skills  By attending my eportfolio lectures and becoming more familiar with computers. This is through using my laptop more often or both research and my essays as well as using the computers at the library to learn more computer skills.
 Making Presentations  Try to relax myself through playing relaxing music before it. In addition I will prepare thoroughly beforehand and make a presentation on a smaller scale the night before. Therefore I will be prepared for my presentation and my skills will improve.