Reflection as a Student and a Teacher

Reflection is a serious thought about something you or others have done. We reflect everyday and don’t even realise it, by asking ourselves what went well? What didn’t go well? How do I feel after that?

Reflection in learning is really important part to being at university, college and school. You must reflect on the work you have done so that you know how you can move forward with your learning. I always read my feedback sheets carefully and sometimes even question teachers or lecturers on what they have said if I am not clear on the feedback. For example by doing this in school I found that my writing and reading skills slowly improved during my english essays and eventually I have reached where I am today by reading the feedback forms. Watching this video will help you as a reader to understand what reflection is..

Reflection is a fundamental part of being a teacher. You should always reflect on how an activity went and what you could have done better as a teacher and what would have made it easier? By doing this you are helping children year after year by making the same activity better. Other ways of using reflection as a teacher are, often a child does not understand something you are teaching them and it is up to you as a teacher to sit back and reflect and think or different ways of teaching the same thing.