MA1 Placement

With my MA1 placement drawing closer I have taken time out to think about the goals I wish to set myself during this time in school. It is important that I reflect on my current strengths as well as areas which need further development and by setting myself clear goals I have a structure upon which to measure my progress.

My goals for 1PP1 are :

• Differentiation

It is vital that I can show differentiation within my lesson plans especially as my 1PP1 class are a Primary 5/6/7. I need to work on how I gauge the levels my pupils are working at and how I then modify lesson plans etc. to suit. It is also important that I can learn to differentiate whilst including all children so that they never feel isolated or forgotten.

Links to the SPR:

Trust and Respect: Demonstrating a commitment to motivating and inspiring learners, acknowledging their social and economic context, individuality and specific learning needs and taking into consideration barriers to learning.

Curriculum: 2.1.2: Understand how to match the level of curricular areas to the needs of all learners.

Teaching and Learning: 3.1.1: Plan appropriately for effective teaching and in order to meet the needs of all learners, including learning in literacy, numeracy, health and wellbeing and skills for learning, life and work.

3.1.2: Communicate the purpose of the learning and give explanations at the appropriate level(s) for all learners.

3.1.3: Demonstrate that they can select creative and imaginative strategies for teaching and learning appropriate to learners as individuals, groups or classes

• Planning- Time Management

As 1PP1 is my first placement it is of great importance to me that I learn to manage time effectively. I am aware of the challenges that can arise as a result of poor time management and the effect these can have on the quality of the teaching and learning that take place. With this in mind I am keen to develop my ability to plan and organise quality lessons that effectively  utilise the time available to me.

Links to SPR:

Classroom Organisation and Management: 3.2.1: Plan and provide a safe, well organised learning environment, including effective use of display.

• Professional Development

My goal is to fully engage with reading and research over the course of my placement in areas that will help me to develop my practice and better understand areas of the curriculum. I hope to improve my ability to reflect on my practice and to take action to improve and adapt my practice as a result.

Links to SPR:

Professional Commitment:

Committing to lifelong enquiry, learning, professional development and leadership as core aspects of professionalism and collaborative practice.

Professional Reflection and Communication: 3.4.1: Read and critically engage with professional literature, educational research and policy

3.4.1: use what they have learned from reading and research to challenge and inform practice.

3.4.2: Engage in reflective practice to develop and advance career-long professional learning and expertise: evaluate their classroom practice, taking account of feedback from others, in order to enhance teaching and learning;