A memorable school experience…

One of my most memorable experiences from school involved learning about the Battle of Hastings in 1066. Despite the fact that my knowledge of the subject is not quite up to scratch on the subject today, I still remember how captivated I was in the learning of the subject. This is mainly due to the fact that the teacher made the learning interesting and quite literally brought the learning to life by staging the battle in our playground.

In preparation for the battle, the teacher incorporated art, technology and drama into the topic as we had to design our chosen weapon and shield as well dressing up into costumes. I remember feeling part of the learning and that is why it is one of my most memorable experiences from school. The teacher could have taken the easy route by just teaching from the textbook, however he brought it upon himself to make the learning exciting and engaging.

I always remember feeling excited to go to school every day in primary 7 due to the ability of my teacher to captivate the learner and bring the teaching to life. In fact, my primary 7 teacher was such an inspiration to myself and one of the reasons I decided to pursue a career in teaching. My only hope is that I will be able to transform learning into being engaging and exciting like the way my teacher could.