Personal audit & transferable skills

Transferable Skills Audit

(1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Develop and manage effective relationships with others.  x
 Communicate and report effectively, both orally and in writing.  x
 Demonstrate a capacity for self-knowledge, self -criticism and an understanding of education as a life long process.  x
 Be systematic, well-prepared and capable of planning ahead.  x
 Be effective in administration and management, using new technologies with confidence when appropriate.  x
 Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of others, respecting their individual rights and supporting their development and show sensitivities  x
 Justifying a personal stance on educational issues by reference to appropriate evidence.  x
 Use research, gather evidence and adopt a rational and critical approach to choice an decision making.  x
 locate professional action in its social, political and community context.  x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Developing and managing effective relationships with others.  These transferable skills will be used in all aspects of placement as effective relationships are vital to communicate properly.  Throughout my MA1 placement last year as well as all of my previous employment, I have had to continuously develop and improve my ability to manage effective relationships with others,
Use research, gather evidence and adopt a rational and critical approach to choice an decision making.  these skills will have to be used throughout the Learning from Life placement as I am immersing myself  in entirely new surroundings so will have to research and gather evidence for every decision I make.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.