Why Do I Want To Become A Teacher?

I always thoroughly enjoyed primary school and loved being in a classroom. Primary school was an exciting time as I was surrounded by peers and my passion for learning continued to develop and grow as I progressed through the school. This enjoyable classroom experience is down to my teachers; who were passionate and dedicated to providing the class with a valuable learning experience. Primary school has left me with positive memories as I was rewarded for my academic achievements by both peers and teachers.

My desire to become a primary teacher began in primary school as I watched my teachers display their obvious passion for the profession and it was then that I knew I wanted to be able to provide an exciting learning experience for the future generations. The prospect of being able to teach future generations in this ever changing world of technology and social changes makes me so excited and determined to achieve success throughout this course.

Work placements throughout various primary schools have been extremely valuable in gaining work experience and improving my confidence in front of a class. The work placements allowed me to observe certain learning techniques that I can develop to suit my own teaching methods. These work placements only reinforced my dreams of becoming a primary teacher as I felt totally comfortable in the classroom environment.

What Kind of Teacher Do I Want to Become?

When I envision myself as a teacher in the future I see myself as a teacher who shares mutual respect with the class.  I want  to make children excited to learn, encourage them to  question everything and develop a love for gaining knowledge. I believe the best teachers are those who are passionate about their subject and are enthusiastic in every aspect of the child’s learning. I want to become the kind of teacher that my pupils remember long after they have left primary school.

Published by

Avatar photo

Scarlett Carty

Primary Education student at the university of Dundee. I am currently on my Learning from Life placement in Western Australia. Follow @scartyUoD on Twitter for more frequent updates.

2 thoughts on “Why Do I Want To Become A Teacher?”

1. It is great to see how passionate you are about becoming a teacher and how much of a positive experience you had from primary school! It’s definitely true that teachers are one of the biggest role models for a child and reading about the teacher you want to become it seems you will make a great one!

2. Reading about how determined you are to follow in the footsteps of the positive teaching environment you were subject to is an obvious indicator that you are passionate about the profession. i too wish to be remembered as positively as i remember my previous teachers and feel i can relate to your entry in more ways than one.