Why Teaching?

For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a teacher, even from four years old when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer was always “a teacher” and not much has changed since. When I was younger I really just wanted to be a teacher because, personally, I thought it sounded and looked quite fun but, over time, my reasons have grown. In my opinion, teaching is one of the most important jobs in the world. Without teachers how would people learn the skills needed to help them proceed through education and onto life in the working world. The thought of being the first step in a person’s journey into education is something that both excites me and also makes me feel slightly nervous, but it is something I definitely want to do and am ready and willing to learn.

I feel very strongly about all pupil’s being treated equally and being given equal opportunities within their learning, no matter what the ability of the child, this is something I hope to be able promote and carry out during my career as a teacher. I would love to be a teacher that pupils respect and look up to, but most importantly someone they feel comfortable around and could easily go to for help and guidance without feeling nervous or worried because feeling safe, secure and happy in your school and class environment is something which I feel is key to being successful in school.

2 thoughts on “Why Teaching?

1. I really enjoyed reading your post. The part where you talk about the kind of teacher you want to be is the most interesting area of your post. I completely agree with you on that part!
    I have also wanted to be a teacher from as long as I can remember so I am on the same page with you there.
    I look forward to reading your blog in the future 🙂

Reply
  2. Hi Lucy! I loved reading your first post. I can relate to it because since a young age becoming a teacher has always been my aim. It’s easy to state that you want to be a teacher but your post shows really well the reasoning behind your decision which is sometimes hard to get across! I think it’s really well written and clearly shows your passion for teaching! 🙂

Reply