TDT Importance of Reflection

One of the most important moments for me in my professional development in semester one was the realisation of how important working and communicating with other professions is. I always knew the bond with other professionals was essential in getting it right for every child, but in my working together group I saw its true value.
I learned that understanding each other’s roles, wether that’s community learning development, social work or other professions is essential so you know what you can reply on other professions for. This is crucial for a teacher to know how they can rely or turn to other professions, to help to get the correct support for individual children. For example when doing the case study of Jack, as my group had all three professional within it and we were able to work together to get a deeper insight into Jacks potential background. Reflecting back on this task I can now appreciate how my group would have been unable to see the wider picture without the other professions.

I am beginning to realise the impact that personal reflection can make upon me. In Dereks lecture where he talked about his own personal reflection around his class in the nineties. His reflection about technology in the classroom really made me think about the impact a teacher reflecting weekly on their teaching can make. It allows time for the teacher to think about how their class responded to their teaching and lessons. Wether it was a success or their was room for improvement. I look forward to placement where I can reflect on my lessons and my week as I can the benefit it will have upon me teaching and helping me develop as an educator.