- Managing My Learning
Complete the table below to identify and reflect on those factors and plan actions for each.
|What helps my learning?||How can I utilise this?|
|Example: “Discussing the topic with others”||· Set up a study group of like-minded peers
· Engage with the online community
|Researching the topic||· Discuss the topic with like-minded students.
· Go online and look into the topic.
· Reading extra notes on the topic.
|Organising and having clear notes||· Have one notebook that has quick scribbles for lectures and then another for clear and concise that you have put into your own words and made sense of.|
|Writing things out in my own words||· After each lecture write a reflection of what I took from it.
· Re-write lecture notes in another notebook
|Limiting the amount of background noise||· Listen to music that is good for studying.
· Put headphones in.
· Work in silence
|What hinders my learning?||How can I address this factor?|
|Example: “I’m easily distracted”||· Study in a place where distractions are minimal
· Read lecture notes before the lecture and then take notes lectures to keep me focused
|I procrastinate||· Study in a place with minimal distractions.
· Make a studying timetable that has set times for breaks.
|Being distracted by my phone or social media.||· Turn off the notifications.
· Put it upside down on the other side of the room
· Do not have it right next to me.
|Leaving things to the last minute||· Make sure I make a plan of when I am going to do the work and stick to it.
· Make sure that my work is at the top of my priorities.
|Agreeing to go out instead of doing work||· Use going out as a reward for completing work.
· Have definite and set aside times of spending with friends
· Stick to work timetables so I can go out at night