Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence  x
 Take risks  x
 Organise and plan  x
Manage Time  x
 Make presentations  x
 Act as a leader  x
 Listen to others  x
 Debate formally and informally  x
 Take notes  x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Make presentations  I may have to present information to my peers and will do so by delivering presentations.  A time when I have made presentations is during school due to being a member of the senior team.
 Act as a leader  I will have to act as a leader at many different times for example when on placement, as I could be leading tasks within the classroom.  A time when I have acted as a leader is when I have took various sport lessons for example dance classes or netball sessions.
 Listen to others  I will have to listen to others throughout my course, for example listening to my peers during group tasks etc.  A time when I have listened to others is during group tasks when we have each given our own opinions individually.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
Take risks  I will develop taking risks by trying new things that I am unfamiliar with and have not done before without hesitation.