The Implications

I started with the goal of investigating will alternative approaches to the 4 operations lead to better learning and the results are in; its a “Definitely maybe”.

From the experiential perspective, I think the new methods created greater motivation for learners who hadn’t experienced success with the standard methods ( a fresh start). The quantitative data would suggest no harm done with the possibility of a positive effect. I will use these new methods as an intervention strategy in the future with similar learners.

I have discussed these new methods with the department and we are in agreement that the traditional methods have slightly more flexibility but these methods are a good alternative. It’s definitely time to talk about methods.

2 thoughts on “The Implications”

1. Hello Barry

Thank you for your reflections – I love your comment
    ‘It’s definitely time to talk about methods.’ – I know in some contexts that is one great achievement! Congratulations – get them talking and change will naturally occur.

LA

2. First of all, Definitely Maybe is a great album so kudos on that link!

The overall implications are good to see but I was wondering if you could tell us a little more in your poster about the specific impact on 1/2 key young people?

Steph.