Sydney Sreenan UWS ITE ePDP

Expressive Arts and Culture Week 4

Soundscapes – 30/01/19 In our 4th session we once again extended the endless possibilities of creating sounds to recreate sounds and images we see and hear in our heads. As … Continue reading

February 6, 2019 · Leave a comment

Expressive Arts and Culture Week 3

Music and Emotion – 24/01/19 In this weeks session we progressed the idea of using music to express our emotions another step further. Before the session we were asked to … Continue reading

January 25, 2019 · Leave a comment

Expressive Arts and Culture Week 2

Garage Band – 17/01/19 “Music is a language that crosses boundaries and one that people of all ages and backgrounds can share” (Mullet. S, 2016) During this lesson we took … Continue reading

January 25, 2019 · Leave a comment

Expressive Arts and Culture Week 1

Evocative Objects – 16/01/19 “Theory enables us, for example, to explore how everyday objects become part of our inner life: how we use them to extend the reach of our … Continue reading

January 16, 2019 · Leave a comment

Integrates Arts – Weeks 10 + 11

13/11/18 – 20/11/18 – Micro Teaching and Dance Performance In our last two sessions we carried out activities to help us be able to evaluate our experiences with the expressive … Continue reading

December 21, 2018 · Leave a comment

Integrated Arts – Week 8 + 9

30/10/18 – 06/11/18 – STEM to STEAM “STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, … Continue reading

December 21, 2018 · Leave a comment

Integrated Arts – Week 6 + 7

16/10/18 – 23/10/18 – The importance of Drama   “Tell me and I will forget Show me and I will remember Involve me and I will understand” (Benjamin Franklin)   … Continue reading

December 20, 2018 · Leave a comment

Integrated Arts – Week 5

09/10/18 – Creative Partnerships Integrating the arts in education is one thing but another positive way to get children involved in the arts is to look outside who’s in the … Continue reading

December 20, 2018 · Leave a comment

Integrated Arts – Week 3

25/09/18 – Stimulus for Inspiration Within the arts there is a lot of room for using what’s around you as inspiration and mixing that inspiration with your own ideas to … Continue reading

December 20, 2018 · Leave a comment

Integrated Arts – Week 4

02/10/18 – The importance of Dance “Enjoy your body, use it every way you can, don’t be afraid of it…it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own” (Baz Lurhmann, 1997) The … Continue reading

December 20, 2018 · Leave a comment