What has inspired me?

Why would you want to be a primary teacher? A question I am asked all the time. However, there are many different reasons why I want to become a teacher. One of these is the teachers that I have gone through school with that inspired me to look at teaching in a different prospective and how enjoyable it can become when it is delivered in a fun and enjoyable way.

Another reason why I am inspired to become a teacher is my Mum- who is a primary school Head Teacher. She gave me a lot of different opportunities within a school and made me have a different outlook on the workload that you are given and how much the job benefit others which makes a big difference on peoples lives.

Throughout school I had a chance to develop my skills with working with children of all ages due to all the extra-curricular activities such as coaching younger rugby age groups after school and my opportunity in my last year of school to be Head boy. These gave me a-lot of confidence  in not only teaching pupils using different techniques outside of the classroom but also inside.However, my final year at school had the biggest influence in my school life as I had a lot of responsibility of organising school events and also taking the student views and taking these on board to try make it the school  a better experience.

Through many voluntary opportunities in primary school I found myself really excelling in working with  children and enjoyed every minute of helping them improve and achieve new things.  From working with children of all ages and abilities I have been able to see that everyone learns in their own ways and at a pace that suits them best. Adapting lessons to suit everyone in my class are the types of challenges I look forward to when I am a teacher.

Welcome to your WordPress eportfolio

Welcome to your ePortfolio. This is where you will document and share your professional thoughts and experiences over the course of your study at the University of Dundee and beyond that when you begin teaching. You have the control over what you want to make public and what you would rather keep on a password protected page.

The ePortfolio in the form of this WordPress blog allows you to pull in material from other digital sources:

You can pull in a YouTube video:

You can pull in a Soundcloud audio track:

You can upload an image or pull one in from Flickr or any other image sharing site.

Teacher, Lorraine Lapthorne conducts her class in the Grade Two room at the Drouin State School, Drouin, Victoria

You can just about pull in anything that you think will add substance and depth to your writing.