Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence

Working in teams

Setting goals

Using initiative

Sharing ideas

Communication skills

Working under pressure

Responsibility

Taking risks

Self motivation

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Planning and organisation

Listening to peers

Taking notes

Contributing during discussion

I will use this when planning my assignments during modules and also for placement.

I will use this during lectures, workshops and tutorials in order to be able to understand all information and to share with others. I will also use this during groups.

I will use this in lectures and in placement in order to look back on to help understand the information shared. I will also use this when researching for assignments.

I will do this whilst in peer groups to ensure effective partnership working, I will also use this during placement.

I have kept up to date with my deadlines so far and completed the reading tasks set out.

I have done this in my peer learning group during the working together module and also during lectures

I have done this during lectures in order the get the most out of each lecture. I have also taken notes during reading books.

I currently do this during my modules, whether it be in a lecture hall or with a small peer group.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills to be developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**

Time management

Mathematical and literacy skills

Sign language skills

I will develop this during placement and during my academic studies at university.

I will develop these by continually revisiting the NOMA and OLA in order to ensure they are of a high level before going on placement.

I will develop these during my sign language module so in order to communicate with people who I encounter that are deaf, whether in public or during placement.

I am using this in order to ensure that I have plenty of time set aside to complete assignments that are due.

I have completed the NOMA and OLA once and continue to practice them.

I go to sign language every tuesday and I am continually developing my skills.