We are gradually building South East Improvement Collaborative team presence within Local Authorities, and have the following people in post:
- Iain Hughes Quality Improvement Manager, hosted by Fife Council
- Lorna Robertson, Quality Improvement Officer, hosted by Fife Council
- Caroline Falconer, Quality Improvement Officer, hosted by East Lothian Council
- Christine Rednall, Education Support Officer, Leadership & Professional Learning, hosted by Midlothian Council
Two more Quality Improvement Officers were recently appointed, and we look forward to welcoming them soon:
- Jonathan Revell, Quality Improvement Officer, to be hosted by Midlothian Council
- Michelle McLean, Quality Improvement Officer, to be hosted by City of Edinburgh Council
It was good to welcome Iain Hughes, recently appointed SEIC Quality Improvement Manager, to the Head Teachers’ LLC last Thursday at Newbattle High School.
The South East Improvement Collaborative has six workstreams: Emotional Wellbeing, Maths and Numeracy, Equity, Leadership & Professional Learning, Quality Improvement as well as Data & Analysis.
We are looking forward to the Equity Conference 5th March 2019, in Murrayfield, Edinburgh, aimed at teacher practitioners and run by teacher practitioners. This is aimed at developing teacher knowledge and capacity to close the poverty related attainment gap through using practitioner enquiry, improvement methodologies and interventions.
A Secondary Conference is planned for 8th March 2019, and more information will be available soon.
Please watch out for further news and developments through our website (www.seicollab.org.uk) or in the Education Bulletin.
To find out more please contact Christine Rednall by email on Christine.Rednall@midlothian.gov.uk