Prejudice and Ideology

On March 6th we looked at Prejudice and Ideology. I found this to be very interesting and I feel like I learned a lot today from the lecture, the independent task and the tutorial. I learned the difference between prejudice and discrimination.  I learned what sub cultures are and the vast amount of groups that this covers. I learned simply what prejudice is and what Ideology involves. I feel that I do understand the main concepts from today as I was able to follow majority of what was being said and I was able to contribute a lot to the discussions we were having. I feel that I need to look back on certain areas today that I felt I didn’t fully understand like the term secularisation and just other terms I could do with knowing better. My knowledge as a result of today has improved greatly in the areas we discussed however I feel like I could do with bolstering my knowledge.  What I have learned helped me understand how prejudice impacts on both micro and macro worlds. One example is that your family can impact on how you view things while considering the micro world. In terms of the macro world the media can influence our prejudices based on what they write.