Financial Support & Advice at Rosshall Academy
In partnership with Glasgow City Council and the financial advice charity Gemap (www.gemap.co.uk) our dedicated financial support officer, Sharon Graham (pictured), can support families with any financial matters, including:
- Free School Meals
- Clothing Grants
- Government Benefits (she can make sure you are receiving all benefits available to you)
- Managing debt
- any other financial matter
Advice is professional and confidential.
Sharon can also arrange a translator, should this be required.
Text your name to her number 07395832499 or send an email to her email address GlasgowSchools@gemap.co.uk
Sharon needs your name, address, date of birth and phone number to start and what the enquiry is. Please have all income details and information about your household ready for the telephone appointment.
You can also contact Mr Clelland (Principal Teacher of Family Engagement) at the school if you would rather speak to a staff member: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free School Meals
There are 2 ways to apply for Free School Meals:
- Online at the link below. You will need to set up a ‘mygov’ account and follow the instructions to apply. https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/article/17885/Clothing-Grants-and-Free-School-Meals
- On paper– The application form can be downloaded, printed and sent off. You will find the from here
Note- If you applied for Free School Meals after Primary 3 (ie Primary 4 and above) you do not need to apply again- pupils will have access to Free Meals until the end of secondary school.
However, you DO need to apply if:
- You are new to the school and have moved from a different council
- Your personal circumstances have changed and you would now like access to Free School Meals
- You have arrived from another country
- You are an asylum seeker
Are applied online using the same process as Free School Meals: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/article/17885/Clothing-Grants-and-Free-School-Mealswww.glasgow.gov.uk
You will find a clothing grant guide here