Rhagan Kerr UWS ITE ePDP

Week 1 – Forward Thinking

Having a think about our 2 week placement, I started to consider classroom organisation and management. During my placement in a primary 3 classroom I noticed all the different ways the teacher went about using communication to get the class attention. There were many verbal methods used such as the teacher saying “macaroni cheese” and the pupils saying back “everybody freeze.” This was a good way to get the pupils attention without shouting and also making it fun for them by letting them get involved. I also noticed that non-verbal communication methods were also used such as clapping sequences. This was effective as the pupils had to listen to repeat back the sequence so it got their attention instantly. I enjoyed this experience as I was able to learn tips from a professional who has experience on what works well and what doesn’t within the classroom.