Rachael Murphy UWS ITE ePDP

Module Overview

Before I started the “Digital Technologies” module I was quite sceptical on the idea of using technology in my future career as a teacher.  This wasn’t an area that I felt very confident in and this worried me because as a teacher I want to be the best teacher I can be and be confident in all areas of the curriculum.  So, with that said, I thought I would challenge myself and I chose to study the module.

After learning about all the different types of technology that can be used in a primary class and how they link to many different areas of the curriculum, I am so glad I chose this option module and I am very proud of how far I have come.  Not only have I broadened my knowledge of digital technology, I would say that I am confident in it and I can’t wait to be able to share my knowledge with my students.

It was very interesting to see that more and more people are realising the importance of using technology in the classroom and that using some technological devices, that were originally thought of as entertainment, can engage and motivate pupils during their lessons, which benefits their education overall.

Every lesson in this module never failed to excite, interest and teach me and I always left feeling educationally fulfilled.

Thank you.