Final Blog – Module Overview

Through taking part in the Digital Technologies module, it has been not only enjoyable but has also enabled me to realise that the use of technology has a massive impact on teaching within the 21st century.

I am pleased that I had chosen this module as part of my Trimester 2 within the BA Education course, as I have gotten the chance to become educated upon the various uses of technology within a teacher’s lesson planning, construction of ideas and classroom experiences in an appropriate manner.

Through growing up within both the world of technology and experiencing the Curriculum for Excellence at first hand, I have realised that the digital skills and opportunities I have learned throughout growing up and in addition to this module can make myself as an educator stand out and create lessons which are different and engaging. In addition, the learning experience from children will be modern and exciting with emphasis on technology, which differed from what my school learning experience was like.

Technology was always a subject that was never confidently carried out in the classroom, but now I think that with the learned impact that it has on a child’s development of many different skills, us as educators should be confident in our own abilities with regards to technology and through practice we should demonstrate it more within our classroom and children’s experiences.

I now know and understand that digital technology can be usd in a variety of ways in order to make links between all aspects of the Curriculum for Excellence. Whether it be through Art, Music, Science, Social studies and many more. Along the course of this module there have been many different ideas given to us for ways in which we can use technology to cover aspects of the Curriculum. I will definitely be encouraging future BA1 students to choose this module as it has widened my technology skills and developed my creativity with regards to thinking about different lessons to carry out.

Thank you!