This week, we had a Dress Down Day to mark Children In Need 2021 across Newton Farm Primary School. It was an eventful and fun day which P3 R10 thoroughly enjoyed participating in. P3 R10 took part in several activities which included:
- Designing a new Children In Need 2021 logo
- Having a class discussion centered around Wants and Needs as in the Children’s Rights Respecting Articles (UN Convention)
- Answering multiple choice questions as part of the school’s Children In Need Assembly quiz
- Watching Newsround
- Creating Pudsey The Bear’s face by drawing Pudsey’s face and using different coloured tissue paper to scrunch and cover
Pudsey Bear Art
Children In Need 2021 Logo
Measuring Objects Around The Classroom Using A Measuring Tape From Our Read, Write And Count Bags 🙂
It was also Book Week Scotland this week. P3 R10 received their Read, Write And Count bags and enjoyed the planned activities. These were:
- Mystery Reader – The children were in for a surprise when Miss Laird (P3 R11 Class Teacher) read a story to the class.
- Book Week Scotland Bookmark Competition – The pupils had to design a bookmark showing their love for reading.
- Library Visit – Pupils chose a book from our new school library to read in class as part of their DEAR (Drop Everything And Read Sessions). They will have the opportunity to swap their library book on a weekly basis.
In addition in class, pupils:
- created questions to ask their favourite book character/author
- used their imagination to design a new book
- wrote A Once Upon A Time story board
- incorporated their knowledge of digital times when producing their imaginative story
What a busy and fun week pupils have had with their learning. Great work P3 R10! 😊