Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Room 5’s Learning 😁📚

For Religious and Moral Education this term, Room 5 have been learning about the Jewish festival Sukkot. We know that people build Sukkah booths and decorate them inside with hanging fruit and enjoy eating special meals in them. The festival is a time to celebrate shelter and appreciate homes. We had a discussion about how important our families and belongings in our homes are to us. Take a look at our fantastic Sukkah pictures below.

During Numeracy, we have been continuing to explore numbers to 100. Harry was able to accurately count how many numbers on our 100 square, have the digits 4 or 5 in them. Well done superstar! 🌟

We have also been enjoying our Knights and Castles topic. This week we looked at what Knights would have worn in tournaments or battles. Here are some of the children’s fantastic Knight outfits that they labelled.

Room 5 have had a super first term in Primary 2 and have enjoyed learning new skills and topics. I would like to wish you all a fantastic October holiday and I hope you enjoy the break. I look forward to seeing you all when you’re back. Happy holidays! 😊