Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

European Day of Languages

This week, the learners in Room 10 celebrated European Day of Languages. Our school community came together to learn French songs with the help of the fabulously talented and enthusiastic Primary 7s. As a thank you, Room 10 returned the favour by teaching the Primary 7s the French alphabet ‘military style.’ Ask your little learner if they could teach you too!

This week we also we extended our French vocabulary to include ‘Les Membres de la Famille et les animaux’ through the creation of a family portrait!

However, the star attraction was the French Cafe where learners could purchase and eat some tasty french treats. ‘Merci Beaucoup’ to the organisers. We had a fabulous time.

1. I liked the idea of having a French breakfast in the school. It was a lot of fun.

Thank you to Miss Duke for teaching us French alphabet military style. I’ve told my mum and dad, but they haven’t quite got it 😀

2. I really enjoyed learning some French words and loved teaching my mum and dad the bonjour song, my littler brother enjoyed it too.