Thoughts on my academic writing

Before starting the online module I felt that my academic skills were reasonable good and met the basics skills required for academic writing. However, by working through this module I have noticed weakness that should be a lot stronger for academic writing. The weakness I noticed were punctuation and spelling. I realised that these were areas that needed developed and improved in order to make my academic writing better. In order to develop these areas I turned to ‘The Study Skills’ book by Wengers, J and McMillan, K. I feel that already this has helped me develop these weaknesses and has gave me tips/ activities to do in order to improve them. Also the online literacy test has helped in developing these areas as it gives you a score at the end of the test and pointers in order to help you develop the areas you struggled with. In order to continue developing these areas I will refer to ‘The Study Skills’ book and attempt the online literacy test regularly.

This online module has also pointed out strengths within my academic writing for example being able to take notes from books and websites. It has also highlighted that I have the ability to reference correctly.