Online Unit 1: Section A, Activity 2

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How I will use these How do I know (evidence)**
Self-discipline When avoiding distractions in order to achieve personal goals, set prior. 

When I am completing a task, or studying, I do not act on impulse. I set a goal at the start of my work and ensure that I meet it. For example, when I have been completing TDTs, I give myself a set time (eg 3 days) to complete them. I have realised that I work more effectively when I set a task to complete and a time period in which it must be completed.
Set Personal Goals I (will) use this skill in order to monitor my progress (and assure I am on track) when there is something I have to achieve (e.g. Assignments, reading) An example of when I set a personal goal was when I was completing a TDT. The task was to read a chapter of a book. I noted that the chapter had 20 different sections to it, I then set a goal that I would read and evaluate 4 sections every night, over the course of 5 days. This worked well for me as it allowed me to fully concentrate on a section at a time, without rushing through it.
Team Work I will use this skill throughout my career as a teacher. It is vital for teachers to work well with each other (e.g. to share ideas and strategies) I know that I have well developed team working skills as I often work in teams effectively. When in school and college I always enjoyed working in teams and was able to negotiate and reach compromises with the other students.
Take Responsibility As a teacher I must be able to take responsibility for my actions, therefore must always be aware and sure of what I am doing. When in my placement, if I asked a pupil to do something and the teacher later asked them to do it differently, I would let the teacher know that I had asked them to do it. I know that I must take responsibility for my actions, even though they might not always be correct.
Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How I will develop these How do I know (evidence)**
Problem Solve I will develop these by undertaking many problem solving questions and by challenging myself in real situations.   I will know that my ability to problem solve is improving when I can tackle these questions in a calm manner and can logically work my way through it.
Work Under Pressure  I will develop this by reminding myself to remain calm and complete the task at hand. I will know that my ability to work under pressure is improving when I am able to stay calm and not show any sign of distress when there is a deadline to be met.