Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self Confidence  x
 Contributing to Discussions  x
 Generate New Ideas  x
 Computing Skills  x
 Build Social Networks  x
 Set Personal Goals  x
 Take Notes  x
 Team Work  x
 Take Risks  x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Contributing to Discussions  In lectures when asked to work as a team.  When you feel confident enough about an idea and can put it forward within in your group.

(evidence)

Generate New Ideas  When I am a teacher when I need to make lesson plans. Or when I am needing ideas on how to present my presentation.  When I think of a unique idea or a fun way for children to learn.

(evidence)

Set Personal Goals  When I am working towards my presentation.  When I achieve the goal.

(evidence)

Build Social Networks   To build better relationships with other services who I may need to help me in my classroom.  When I have the confidence knowing who is the best person to get in contact with.

(evidence)

Take Notes  During lectures when lecturers make important points I will be able to take down the point quickly.  When I have relevant notes to help me with my studies.  (evidence)
 Team  Work  To work with my classmates at university, but also as a teacher with my colleagues and other services which I’ll require within in my classroom.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.