What it means to be an Enquiring Practitioner

Being an enquiring practitioner is extremely important when being a teacher. It means being open to so many new ideas and being willing to change teaching and learning styles which is so important as during your career you will meet so many different types of pupils who may choose to learn in a different style to other pupils. A benefit to it is that it will make us as student teachers, and professional teachers in four years time, question our own educational beliefs which will allow us to think outside of the box and be  a positive influence on our pupils because we will want to challenge and help change education.

However, a challenge of this may be that teachers who have been in the profession may not be willing to continually change their ideas whenever the curriculum changes.

Being an enquiring practitioner is so important when being a student. We need to understand that there are so many different learning styles and learn how we can adapt the one we feel most comformtable with. It will also allow us to also increase our knowledge of learning too.

Therefore, being an enquiring practitioner means to be open to new ideas and willing to continue to learn which is extremely beneficial in the role of being a teacher.

4 thoughts on “What it means to be an Enquiring Practitioner

1. I really liked the idea you had about thinking outside of the box and how this is a good way in becoming an enquiring practitioner. You seem to have a lot of good ideas in this piece as you have really thought about what it means to become an enquiring practitioner. Do you feel that working with peers plays any sort of role within this? And if so, what do you think about this?
    I found this easy to follow and understand and it would also be extremely helpful for someone who has no knowledge of this subject.

Reply
  2. This is such a good post on the enquiring practitioner! I love how you’ve related it to us as student teachers which is really important when trying to think about how we as students should apply it!
    I fully agree with your point about having to be open to so many new ideas as enquiring practitioners. This will benefit us in so many positive ways in our career!
    Well done Carys 🙂

Reply
  3. Hi, I really enjoyed reading your post on the enquiring practitioner. I really like how you mentioned questioning our own education beliefs as this is something which I feel is exceptionally important also. I also think it great that you took into consideration the challenges of being an enquiring practitioner as they are definitely something that always needs to be considered.
    Well done!

Reply
  4. This post clearly outlines what you feel it means to be an enquiring practitioner, it gives a clear over view of the topic and is easy to understand due to your structure. I really agree with your last point as it is definitely crucial to be open to new ideas in the teaching profession.
    Really good post overall.

Reply