Hello,

My name is Katrina and I am a Primary school teacher in the north east of Glasgow. I have been teaching for 7 years now and the job has changed in those years. There are heavier demands on the job than there was when I started. My job has a bigger focus on mental health, health and wellbeing and emotional literacy than it ever has. While I am a class based teacher, the needs of the children have changed and therefore I have had to up-skill and add many more strings to my bow in order to be the teacher that the children in my classroom need me o be. This hasn’t been without it’s difficulties and I have endeavoured now to share this journey and this practise with other colleagues, which has lead me to this course.

I am hoping to find inspiration, professional dialogues and support in order to develop as a classroom leader and share ideas with others