Inclusion and Equality

I particularly enjoyed today’s class as I really like this type of topic and find it very interesting. Firstly, we learned about what incision and equality actually meant. I had a rough idea of this already as I previously done higher modern studies in school and topics like this one were commonly discussed. Something that I did find particularly informative was the five key dimensions of equality. I had never realised that there were dimensions to equality of condition before but I am keen to read more about it. We discussed the various aspects where everyone should be considered equal such as: opportunity, fairness, working and learning etc. Another aspect of today’s lecture that I learned a lot about was the PCS analysis. I had never heard of this before but I actually think it is very effective to understand what gives rise to inequality and diversion. Moreover, I found Allport’s scale of prejudice and discrimination very interesting, effective  and factual.

I’m today’s workshop we worked together I’m groups of 4 to discuss a particular experience where we might have witnessed discrimination or inequality. We decided to display ours in a picture and written format. In ours we discussed how society has developed and had became more understanding in terms of anyone can be in love and should be able to show/display their love no matter their gender. We showed that years ago people, especially in schools, would fling the word ‘gay’ about without knowing its true meaning. People who were ‘gay’ used to get bullied because they weren’t like everyone else. However, nowadays society has changed and gay marriage has now been accepted and it is not seem as a big of an issue as it once was.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed today’s class and found it very interesting. I liked working in groups with my peers as we were able to initiate discussion and hear everyone’s point of view. I am really looking forward to next weeks lecture. Also, there was a quote in one of the slides that I found particularly eye-opening and inspiring. “Being different is not a problem, being treated differently is, stop discrimination”. inequality