BA education week 1

My first week at university went better than i expected. Before i came here i was nervous about everything and knew i’d face some new challenges. However, as soon as i started i felt more secure and was ready to kick off a good academic year. I now understand, after speaking to people, that everyone felt the same and were all nervous before coming here. This made me realise that everyone was all in the same boat and that we could help each other get through the daunting first few weeks.

The ‘Getting to Know You” workshop with Angela was probably my favourite part as the energy she put into it made me feel more confident and helped me talk to new people which i was not great at before. The energy shown by Angela has given me an insight into how teachers should be. Everyone in the workshop left in a good mood and listened to her the whole time due to her personality being so open and free.

This first week has made me believe that i can have a successful year and i look forward to facing new challenges in the course and in placement.