Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence  x
 Take risks  x
 Organise and plan  x
Manage Time  x
 Make presentations  x
 Act as a leader  x
 Listen to others  x
 Debate formally and informally  x
 Take notes  x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Organise and Plan  To manage my workload and ensure nothing is forgotten about  Going through exams
Manage Time  To make sure nothing is forgotten about or left to the last minute and stressful  Using a planner to timetable what i need to do
 Act as a leader  In groups or future practise, I will be able to make sure everyone knows what they are doing and is being lead effectively  Being able to leave dance classes for a few years, leading groups in volunteering, helping other students when unsure of work
 Listen to others  Listening to lectures and other student and any advice that is given to help me improve  Focusing in lectures and listening to students
 Take notes  To get all the information I need and not miss out of anything doing research and being in lectures  The notes I have made from exams and the notes I am taking in my lectures

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 Self confidence  Putting myself out of my comfort zone and not second guessing myself Second guessing myself and being nervous about presenting
 Take risks  By being confident and be willing for things not to always go perfect but is always worth a try and believe in what i am doing  Being safe in what I do in workshops
 Make Presentations  Practising and taking time to perfect presentations in the future  Not having much experience in presentations