MA1 Goals

Action Plan- MA1

I have decided to create an action plan which will take me up until I finish 1st year. By doing this it will enable me to develop my understanding of the course and allow me to fulfil my aspirations as a teacher.

• I want to work on my OLA and OMA scores throughout the next year. By doing this it will enable me to personally feel more confident in these areas and feel I will be able to go out into placement and help children in these areas. By completing these on several occasions it will help during placement.  I want to have completed these 3 times before January.
  • I would like to develop my reading. By engaging in more academic and educational books I feel it will improve my knowledge greatly and help me understand the course content in more detail. I hope to engage with books specific to teaching in a primary school and the challenges I may face as I think that this will help me when I come to go into placement in the next semester and enable me to become a much more effective teacher.
  • Within the next year I really want to develop my self-confidence. I feel this will benefit me hugely not just in my course but in personal life also. By developing my self-confidence I will be able to speak out in lectures and discussions instead of sitting back and just accepting what anyone else says. A way I think I can improve this is by creating study groups and interacting with others in the course, this will not only improve my self-confidence but will improve my knowledge on the course and allow me to gain an idea on how others are interpreting aspects of the course.
  • I want to develop my academic writing. I hope that once my 1CM1 assignment comes back I will be able to take help if needed from the Academic Skills Centre which will make a huge impact in my writing.
  • Reflecting on my own learning is something else I plan to improve on. I think I will be able to do this through working on TDT’s and asking myself questions and by making myself think more in depth about what I am reading or listening to.
  • I hope by summer I will have improved my risk taking. I hope to improve this by coming out of my comfort zone more often and I think that going out onto placement will help me do this