Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence  I would consider myself quite a confident person, in most situations. Although, I tend to be quite shy as well. I definitely feel my confidence can grow and with time I know that it will.
 Take risks  I believe I am quite a risk taker in different situations, both academically and in leisure. I am always up for a challenge and feel it is a good way to test myself.
 Organise and plan  I am a good organiser when it comes to lessons. For instance when I was a peer mentor I had to plan and organise a lesson to deliver to a class, which was very fun but challenging at the same time, but I went in head first and turned out to be very successful.
Manage Time  I am very good with time management, making sure I am always 5/10 minutes early to class and work. This ensures I have plenty time to get myself organised in case any delays etc.
 Make presentations  I enjoy being creative when it comes to presentations. I like to use power points, as I think it is a fun and useful way to present your findings/learning.
 Act as a leader  I believe I can act as a good leader if I have to be.
 Listen to others  I think I am very good at this ensure I always include everyone in group discussions and always hear what they have to say, because everyone’s opinions matter.
 Debate formally and informally  I think this is a skill I am alright at but is something that I know within myself I can improve on.
 Take notes  I like being creative with my notes, as colourful note-taking helps my learning.

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**