As part of our Science input, we were asked to consider the future and our SMART targets for our development:
SPECIFIC, MEASUREABLE, ACHIEVABLE, RELEVANT, TIME BOUND.
- I have to be willing to commit to constantly improve my subject knowledge of science. I plan to do this by researching all the main documents for science and through relevant subject reading.
- I want to be constantly collecting resources and experiments that can be used in my classroom.
- By the end of 1st year, I want to have gained a broad knowledge of the science subject.
- As I have only ever done biology in school, I will have to study the areas of chemistry and physics to fully understand how to teach science as a whole to my class in primary school.
- I will be looking out for current scientific issues and how science is portrayed in the media.
These targets will be worked on continuously. I can start to collect reading, not only from the reading list, but from a wider range of sources. I can be researching in my spare time and be looking for scientific issues on the news or in newspapers.
This will help me when trying to create engaging lessons on lots of different topics and will broaden my knowledge of the subject.