Dance Class

Last week I participated in a Dance class as part of the module “Teaching across the Curriculum”. The class begun with warm-up exercises which involved copying the lecturer doing some stretching activities. This relaxed the group a little and eased us into the dance aspect of the class without it being heavily intimidating.

We then got into pairs and had to create various ways of travelling from one side of a room to the other. This was a fun way to work with someone new and also made it less scary as we were working with someone else.

Towards the end of the lesson we were teamed up with another pair to form a group. We then had to combine the travelling techniques we had used with the other pairs to make a sequence of dance. Once we had done this we presented it to the class. 

Initially I was nervous about this class as I thought it was going to be really high intensity dancing. However, the whole atmosphere of the class was very chilled and relaxed which made it an enjoyable experience. I feel that I have picked up a few “tricks” to be able to teach a dance lesson.