Online unit 1

Activities for unit 1 Personal and Interpersonal Skills and Abilities

1. Identifying Skills and Abilities

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities 1 2 3
Self Confidence x
Take Risks x
Team work x
Act as a leader x
Debate formally and informally x
Use technology x
Problem solve x

Activity 2

1. Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.
Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How I will use these How do I know (evidence)**
Self Confidence I will use this to assert my position within any role I am placed and to adapt to the situation so my skills can be used to their most potential. I know this skill is developed as I am easily adapting to social situations and voicing my opinion with confidence.
Take Risks I will use this skill to challenge my opinions ideas and studies by taking risks in the hope it will enhance my knowledge experiences or activities. In previous observations conducted I have instigated new ideas and witnessed
Team Work I will use this skill to motivate others to ensure that everyone’s opinion is heard, everyone’s strengths are highlighted and to create good team spirit. I know this skill as i am constantly in a team environment because I am a member of the hockey team, netball team and cadets where I regularly have to work collaboratively with others.
Act as a leader I will use this skill to delegate roles to others so that the workload is spread out. Not only this delegation allows every member to feel valued and encouraged to do well with the responsibility and to be treated as an equal. I know I have this skill as I am an instructor at cadets which involves me giving instructions to other and to take individual control of a lesson.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills to be developed How I will develop these How do I know (evidence) **

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.