Kate Sanderson UWS Blog

Situated Communication Workshops

Today in situated communication, we were learning more about how to use Glow and shown how to upload audio files and videos to our blogs. We also had a workshop in the performance studio where we got to practice our storytelling to group of peers, and they then gave us feedback.  It was nerve-wracking as I felt very conscious  of my body language and voice when I was standing up in front of my classmates but they were very supportive and I got really nice feedback along with potential opportunities to make the story better. I was so glad once I’d done it, and felt a real sense of achievement. I only have to emulate that in the actual assignment now!

Finally we took part in a role-play workshop where we had to act out certain scenarios given and reflect on how we would do them in the classroom if confronted with them.  This ended with a question and answer session on aspects of placement that have arisen that we wanted advice or feedback on, which was very valuable.