Situated Communication

Group and Leadership

• For my group, I felt that there was a group leader in my group.
  • For the way in which the leader was chosen in my group, I felt that the group leader just took charge of the activity which was essential so we could  get the task completed.
  • The group leader gave everyone a job so even if it was a more minor job than others, they still had a part to play and were not left out.

Explaining

• Personally,  I felt that my group explained everything perfectly for me, I was not unsure at any point of the activity and I always felt that I knew what I was doing.
  • If any part of the 5 Ps were missed out I would have to say it was the Presentation part. I think it would of been done better if the entire group had been there to do it instead of just 3 of us.

Environment

• Initially, I thought the change of environment to outside would be a challenge to our communication in our group. However I feel as if my group handled the change of environment well.  Being outside did bring more distractions than inside the classroom which could affect our communication but our group managed to keep the task as our main focus.

Negotiation

• Our teams negation was to persuade someone from another team to join us. It did not work as no one wanted really wanted to leave their own team midway through the activity.