Why I chose teaching.

For as long as I can remember I have been inclined towards the teaching profession. I feel that the role of a teacher is to have a positive impact on the lives of young people and to provide them with the high standard of education which they deserve. Without education, children would not learn the most important of life skills, for example the ability to socialise within society and so the impact that a teacher has on children’s lives is extremely large. I feel that becoming a teacher will give me the chance to give children a positive school experience and allow them to leave primary school with knowledge and skills that they will continue to use throughout their adult lives. I would like to educate children in a way which they will enjoy as I feel that children will gain more from a positive experience. Another reason that I would like to become a teacher is that this role would provide me with the opportunity to witness first hand the progress that the children in my class are making because of my lessons.

I would like to become the type of teacher who takes an active role within the classroom. As a pupil I experienced teachers who were disengaged when in the classroom and this is not the type of education that pupils require. For me, the perfect teacher is someone who takes the time to ensure that each individual is coping within the classroom and working to their own capabilities and so these are qualities which I would like to possess as a teacher. I am extremely interested in inclusion and so would like to think that as a teacher I would take it upon myself to ensure that every pupil is supported appropriately for their own individual needs and that each child can participate within the classroom. I hope that I can be the type of teacher that children will look up to and see as a role model. I’d like to be a teacher that can make learning fun, exciting and stimulating for the children, but for it to still remain challenging and beneficial. Overall my aim as a teacher will be to inspire children to want to learn.