Why am I studying Primary School Education?

From my experience throughout primary school I know that many of my teachers motivated me to work hard and achieve the best possible grades for myself. Throughout Highers my teachers all used different teaching styles which helped me understand the work a lot better in several subjects. I could tell the difference from sitting in a class with a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher rather than sitting in a class with a teacher who was just following a list of what they needed to teach.  I also think an important factor which helped me throughout my school career was having a strong trust with my teachers which allowed me to develop not only academically  but also personally, they helped me become the person I am today.

As cliche as it may be when I was younger the game I always wanted to play was teaching my own class in which I could spend hours doing, only with my own imagine and strong desire to be a teacher. This desire has followed me throughout life and so when it came to writing my personal statement and deciding what course to apply for it was a no brainer, Primary School Education.

This inspiration from my younger years was only strengthened when I went to work experience in my local primary school, at first it was a strange switch from being the child last the desk to suddenly being the adult at the front of the class. When I came home from my first day of work experience I thought about what an easy day I had compared to day five I realised that no single day is the same at a primary school. I also found that the dynamics of the classroom were entirely different dependant on what age group you  are teaching. Of course the content is different but even the way the teacher used her voice with the children was different and this really interested me.

These experiences have all added to my desire to become a primary school teacher as I hope to have a similar effect on children’s education and success in later life and learn more about the psychology of being a teacher.