My Enquiry Question – First Draft

Here is my first draft of my focus and question – happy for any advice/feedback on this. Thank you!

Focus: Throughout my role of teaching RCCT Technologies from P4-7 in  2018-19 and P1-7 2019-2020 alongside developing Technologies/Digital Learning throughout the school I have observed a gender gap and bias towards STEM subjects from both pupils and parents/carers. From the literature I have read previously, I have noted that within my practice I am inviting both male and female visitors from STEM careers in through our Digital Learning Week and am beginning to have the ability and influence of exposing children to STEM from a young age. I am yet to begin to work alongside Parents/Carers to aid the development of their understanding of STEM subjects.

My focus is to address the gender gap through the exposure of STEM to our children throughout their primary education.

Question: In what way does the creation of STEM areas across the school help to address the gender gap?

One thought on “My Enquiry Question – First Draft”

1. I’m catching up with your recent posts, Jayne. I really enjoyed the literature you had found. This sounds like a good question – but what are these STEM areas that you are creating?