Parental Involvement Opportunities
As parents there are a number of opportunities to become involved in the life of the school these include the “Friends and Family of Irvine Royal Academy” (our Parent Council)and Family Learning.
Friends and Family of Irvine Royal Academy
Our school’s Parent Council brings together parents, staff and co-opted members, with the head teacher as professional advisor.
The Parent Council has duties, rights and responsibilities to the management of the school.
- Consulting with parents and reporting on matters of interest.
- Encouraging the development of links between school and parents.
- Taking part in selection of senior promoted staff to the school.
- Discussing and approving the head teacher’s plans for purchasing educational materials.
- Receiving reports from the Head teacher and North Ayrshire Council.
- Receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
The Family Learning Team work in partnership with Irvine Royal Academy to support parents/carers and families become more involved in the school community and learn new ways in which to support their children’s education. Opportunities provided throughout the year aims to cover a range of aspects in the curriculum, including literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing.
Listening to the needs of families, programmes are tailored to suit the families of Irvine Royal. This has included subject taster sessions for parents/carers, opportunities for adult learning through certificated learning or opportunities for families to come into school together.
For more information please contact email@example.com or visit https://nacfamilylearning.weebly.com/secondary.html
The aim of this is to help parents/carers understand the day to day transitions that their sons/daughters go through and also to gain a better understanding of the modern curriculum. Parents/carers also get a chance to meet some of their child’s teachers and learn about the many support services on offer.