Update 3 – March

I have been lucky enough to be participating in the coaching diploma offered through Education Scotland and recently attended a session largely based on the GROW model. Renshaw & Alexander (2008) discuss the GROW model as cyclical rather than linear in nature and this has made me see that professional enquiry is also cyclical rather than linear. My enquiry may not ever be ‘finished’ as such but that’s ok.

Within my enquiry I have now completed all my interviews of colleagues (5) which ranged from 25 minutes to around 50 minutes in length. I have produced transcripts of each interview and checked that it is an accurate account. I was left with a lot of information which in that form was unmanageable so a friend recommended that I look into coding of interview data. This enabled me to reduce the volume of information so that key information and recurring themes can be identified. My timing for completing and producing this information has potentially been an issue and so this needs to be a key focus in the upcoming days.

I do think that producing the poster may be my greatest challenge and I definitely will need to be careful when creating it and being selective with the information used. I am looking forward to the upcoming drop in session in order to hopefully gain some tips with this part.