Week 4

Unfortunately, the cohort missed the lecture today due to a lack of communication within the cohort.

In the art workshop today we returned to the images of the Scottish highlands that we created last week and added words to it. We were to add words of what the image made us feel and think. I chose to use a black felt tip pen and just let my brain do the work. I felt my way of doing things was a lot more simple than fellow students as I do not see myself as very imaginative. One of my fellow pupils wrote poems around their art work, some wrote song lyrics, some wrote quotes from famous Scottish people and the list goes on. Although I possibly did not stretch my level of creativity I feel that this activity was successful in proving that art/the arts can be used as cross-curricular activities as this activity had benefits to literacy.

The drama workshop today consisted of my groups micro-teaching task. My group chose to focus our presentation on ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. My group focused our presentation on four drama conventions: improvisation, hot-seating, monologue and flash forward. This was an interesting experience for all of my group as it was the first time we have had the opportunity to teach a class throughout our time in university. For me, teaching my first drama lesson was the first time I have experienced first-hand the feeling of teaching a topic within the expressive arts. I really enjoyed having the support of the group as it was slightly intimidating having to teach a presentation aimed at primary school children to a group of adults. I appreciated how well my peers participated with the activities my group prepared for this task. On reflection, I think that my group had correctly estimated how long each activity should be as we managed to complete our presentation in the time allotted to us. The class of my peers seemed to be really engaged with our presentation.