Blogs Update August 2015

The Blogs service had a new release on Thursday 27 August 2015

Included in the release

Five New Themes

1. Suburbia more information on the theme home page
  2. OXYGEN more information on the theme home page
  3. Visual more information on the theme homepage
  4. Digg 3 Column
  5. Fjords04

Plugins

1. Local Avatars
  2. Display Posts Shortcode

Fixes

To video and audio display in posts syndicated into a blog by the Syndication plugin. These now display properly.

Additions

Embed clickview video in posts
Several Authorities use the ClickView service, they can now embed video in their posts by pasting the url to the video into the editor. You need to extract the URL from the ClickView iFrame code, not use the whole code.

Information about the plugins and additions will be added to the Glow Help Blog shortly after the release.

2 thoughts on “Blogs Update August 2015”

1. Hi,
    We are still using the Suffusion theme and I wondered if you have a suggestion yet for which theme to migrate the school blog to.
    We might like to use forums with the children for group creative writing and would like to be able to link different blogs from areas of the curriculum to a central blog. Also is migrating as simple as exporting the blog to my computer and then importing it into the new theme, and will problems arise if I try to do this?

1. Hi Jo,
      We do not have a theme which will do multi-columns like your page: https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ab/OurLearningBlog/bb/port-ellen-eco-news/
      You do not need to export and import to switch themes, you just switch the them on the blog. BUT, once you leave Suffusion you CANNOT turn it back on.
      There are ways with the new display-post plugin to display posts in a multicolumn but it is more setup than Suffusion I think. I’d like to get dome more information about what you are doing, and will drop you an email.
      As to linking different blogs you can syndicate different blogs into a mothership one with the syndication plugin, you might want to look at that:
      Syndication Plugin | Glow Blog Help