Glasgow aspires to become the Nurturing City and to support this aim Glasgow Psychological Service strives to be a service that keeps the wellbeing of all children, young people and their families at the centre of its work.
In partnership with parents/carers, Education Services staff and our partners in Social Work and Health we will apply psychology and evidence based practice to support the inclusion of children and young people in their local schools and communities. Focusing on building strengths and resilience we will work together with others to support additional needs and improve outcomes for all.
To do this we will:
- Keep the wellbeing of all children and young people at the centre of our work, especially those who are looked after.
- Work in partnership with others to give children, young people and parents/carers a voice.
- Promote inclusion and attainment to improve lifelong outcomes for all.
- Use research to help us improve learning and teaching in all our schools and establishments.
- Use a holistic, ecological approach to understand individual need.
- Use a solution oriented, strengths based approach to build resilience and empower our stakeholders.
- Promote equality, diversity, fairness and transparency in all our work.
- Work ethically and support self-reflection to continually improve our service.