There are three working groups within the literacy work stream. Each has a clear focus on improving aspects of reading. During session 2018–19, the focus of the Early Vocabulary Group is to:
- Support practitioners as they build and share skills in pedagogies in vocabulary development through the creation of a framework of successful interventions.
- Exemplify good practice in vocabulary and early language development via “vox pop” and soundbite capture.
- Share effective practice gathered from the Children and Young People Improvement Collaborative (CYPIC) Language Meets Literacy Practicum.
- Increased collaboration and networking opportunities across the Regional Improvement Collaborative through visits to see interventions in action.
- Develop partnerships with Scottish Book Trust to include vocabulary development activities in the Book Bug Bags.
- We will update progress through blog posts or via twitter @fvwlriclit